The ‘Grung Gaad’, popular dancehall deejay Bounty Killer, a man who is no stranger to Jamaica’s courts for reasons of assault occasioning bodily harm, is apparently facing similar charges once again. According to a report in today’s Sunday Observer newspaper, Bounty Killer was arrested by the police last night, after a female companion turned up at the Constant Spring Police Station bleeding and badly bruised, and reported that he had assaulted her with a hammer.
According to the report, the woman turned up at the police station shortly after 6 p.m. yesterday evening and made the allegations. Bounty Killer was picked up by the police shortly afterward, and was arrested and charged with wounding. He is still in custody, and is expected to appear in court later this week.
Its been a year of ups and downs for Bounty Killer, with this latest incident being well on the downside. Below we’ve done a detailed 2010 timeline of some of these ups and downs.
- 8-Sep – Allegations of a rift between Bounty Killer and Junior Reid
- 27-Aug – Two of Bounty Killer’s vehicles seized by tax officials for alleged outstanding taxes
- 7-Aug – Bounty Killer & Beenie Man unite on stage at Fully Loaded 2010
- 22-Jul – Bounty Killer honored at Reggae Sumfest 2010 – for his contribution to the event and dancehall music in general
- 13-Jul – Bounty Killer gun/assault case set to go to trial in October 2010
- 29-Jun – Bounty Killer appears in court and is freed of charge of assault occasioning bodily harm on his girlfriend
- 30-May – Given the widespread crime & violence across the island, Bounty Killer issues a message to Jamaica
- 5-April – Bounty Killer arrested for physically abusing girlfriend
- 1-April – Bounty Killer’s U.S. visa is revoked
- 2-Jan – Bounty Killer crashes Shaggy’s annual benefit concert with anti-gay outburst
Original article can be read here.